Monday, January 19, 2009

MMF? Watch your mouth!

As I have been traveling around on these cake blogs and websites I kept seeing people use "MMF". What the heck?! I couldn't grasp it and honestly didn't pay too much attention to it.

Every time I would see it I would try to figure out what it stood for. Massive Mongo Frosting, Melting Mountains of Frost? I didn't know and then one day there it was in a post: "Oh!!! MMF! I didn't even think of that."

I couldn't believe it! It was the baking moms' way of swearing! Holy crap! It just blew me away! There they were talking about frosting and then suddenly a light went on for this lady and she felt the need to swear. BUT... what did it stand for?

So I pondered quickly over all of the dirty words it could be. Now listen, I'm not going to post my thoughts on the combinations I came up with but for those of you that know me know I can swear like a sailor! Everytime I ran across "MMF" over the next couple of days I would crack up and shake my head. Crazy ladies!

There I was one night sitting there researching fondant. (For those of you who don't know what fondant is, it is the frosting that you roll out that makes the cakes look smooth and perfect.) Why was I researching this? Because the fondant I have tried tastes like crap. A layer of blah with a hint of almond. Very gross honestly but for the way it has become so popular there had to be some out there that was tasty.

So there I was reading about fondant and how people make it in their kitchen instead of buying it. Cool! I'm all up for processes that save me money. So I noticed a couple of different recipes that seemed pretty easy and then I came across one that caught my eye: Marshmallow Fondant - MMF. What???? I couldn't be! MMF stood for Marsh Mallow Fondant.

I must admit, I was seriously disappointed. I thought these crazy baking Moms sat around on these sites, taking to each other, getting pissed off and to be PC would swear using MMF. Damn.

Maybe next time I should really read the posts before assuming what they talking about? Nah! It was fun while it lasted!

So tonight I'm off to try my first homemade batch of MMF and I will let you know if it really stands for Marshmallow Fondant or one of my fancy combinations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment