Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Messy Mallow Fondant

So here is the update...

I got straight to business last night to make my MMF. It was a crazy mess! It smelled incredible but an all out mess.

I had confectioner's sugar all over my counter from mixing everything and then the instructions tell you to generously grease your hands with Crisco and begin to knead the MMF. They aren't joking when they say to generously grease up your hands! I had it stuck on every inch of my hands within moments. Thank goodness Tim was there to help me add the rest of the confectioner's sugar and then he greased the counter so I could pull it out of the bowl and knead it more.
I've never met such a kneady recipe in my life! This is why I don't make bread. Hello!?!

So here it is looking all pretty:


I know it doesn't look like much but I felt like I built a small house after all of that!

So the all important question is "How does it taste?" You know what... I haven't gotten around to that part yet. I decided I'm going to use it on some sugar cookies and go from there. That way I can hand out the cookies and have people give me their feedback.

So just as a side note: I did swear during this process but it sounded like "WTF" & "FUB". Oh I can't forget my favorite "FTLOC".

There's something to chew on my friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment