Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cookie Time

So today Noelle was home sick so I thought I would try and pop out some cookies.
I decided to use a new sugar cookie recipe which does nothing for me. My old recipe has a base of confectioner's sugar and the new one is flour. The reason I tried this is they claim the cookie would not spread. LIE!! They also seemed to cook odd meaning the left side would brown and the right side wouldn't. Nothing new with my stove so I have no clue on this one. I'm so going back to my ol' stand by!
I also decided instead of using my normal royal icing I would use my new friend MMF to 'frost' them.
Here are my efforts for today:

I truly enjoyed making these but since they are my first attempt I am totally not satisfied with how they look. I like the idea of using the MMF instead of doing the outline and then flowing the color on the inside.
I know... Two cookies in an entire day? Please! I made a bunch more cookies but haven't iced them yet. I also tinted a crap load of MMF.
By the way gang, the MMF tastes wonderful! Yummy! I give it a thumbs up and currently I'm looking for some flavorings so I can change the taste a little.
So I hope you enjoy and Tonya, I thought of you while I made the martini!
Let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment