Monday, July 20, 2009

Recipe Search

So I set out this weekend to find a new recipe to share with everyone. I pulled out all of my cookbooks, scoured the internet and found nothing exciting. It's hard to decide when you aren't hungry and then it is impossible to decide when you are beyond hungry. Sigh... I had to amuse myself until I got hungry and could find something decent. It didn't find anything until Sunday.

On Sunday early morning my husband G.I. Joe headed off to a lovely base in... ready for this?! Alaska! Oh my! Poor G.I. Joe! However will he cope with this? I often tell him to enjoy his vacation when he's off of these adventures but I know he's working hard. I went online to look at the base website and there are all of these beautiful pictures of jets and the men and women working and let's not forget Gov. Sarah Palin! Anyways let me roll around to the recipe.

After I ventured off onto some cooking websites I found it on the Kraft Foods site: Spaghetti Bake. I know, I know. Boring! But the kids were all for it and since G.I. Joe was gone I don't touch the grill so we were limited.

I'm going to share the recipe with you all and let me tell you that this is easy but oh so good! I'm a fan of boiling pasta and putting butter and parmesan cheese on it for a quick me and this fell right into that area of comfort to me. Should we eat stuff like this? Of course not but for those healthy people, DEAL!

Here you go folks, a little bit of heaven!


SPAGHETTI BAKE

8 oz. Spaghetti, uncooked
1/2 pound of italian sausage or ground beef (remove the casing from the sausage)
1 (14 oz. ) jar of Spaghetti Sauce
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups of Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 375. Spray 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.

  • Cook the spaghetti
  • Meanwhile, brown the sausage or burger then drain
  • Stir the sauce into the sausage/burger. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
  • Drain the spaghetti and place in a large bowl

Now... I doubled this portion of the recipe as my kids are cheese freaks. So if you want, go for it. If not, that's okay too!

  • Add the egg, 1 cup of the mozzarella and the parmesan cheese to the spaghetti and toss to coat
  • Place the mixture in the baking dish
  • Top the mixture with your sauce and meat
  • Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top

Bake for 15 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.

Here is a picture of my easy and yummy dinner!


I have to tell you that the kids enjoyed the leftovers which is a rare thing.

Let me know what you think and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment